Welcome on our website
We protect the inventions of individuals and VSB
Invention Angels® is a network of specialists in industrial property – and particularly in the patenting of inventions – recognized and certified by national authorities
- in France, the National Institute of Industrial Property: www.inpi.fr;
- in Switzerland, the Federal Institute of Intellectual Property: in www.ige.ch,…
- and/or internationally: European Patent Office: www.epo.org, World Intellectual Property Organization: www.ompi.org….
Because of their training in technical (engineers, doctors…) and legal aspects (graduates of the International Study Center for Industrial Property CEIPI, Strasbourg…), the members of the network will be able to advise you on the best way to protect your technical creations, in drafting and filing, if applicable, a patent application to your name.
They will then accompany you throughout the examination procedure until the grant of your patent.
Finally, they will also help you, if necessary, to assert your rights and to fight against the counterfeiting of your patent.
The purpose of this network is to help the independent inventors and the very small businesses (VSB) protect their technical innovations.
Entities of larger sizes are invited to consult the site www.mervelix.com.
The advantages of the Invention Angels® network
EFFICIENT AND ECONOMICAL:
Our specialists are independent and they put all their skills and long respective experiences in the field of industrial protection at your disposal, in order to help you protect your creations in the most effective manner and economically as possible.
THE PAYMENT FACILITIES:
The structure of Invention Angels® can offer you a pricing linked to your situation, as well as facilities of payment (spreading the expenditures, multiplicity of payment forms …).
What do we patent?
What can you patent?
Everything!!! Or almost… At one condition, grosso modo, that this is concrete (not an aesthetic creation, nor a theory, nor a Discovery without industrial application …) and non-excluded explicitly by the legal provisions (infringement of human dignity, public order, morality).
The following can therefore be patented:
- Objects (watches, golf balls, packaging, material, jeans,…),
- Products (chemical, drugs, biochemicals,…),
- Devices or machinery (mechanical, electronic,…),
- Systems (mechanical, electronic, chemical,…),
- Processes (mechanical, chemical, electronic, biotechnology…)…
Entrust us with your project
Here are a few examples of patent or of patent applications filed by individuals or very small firms:
- Girolle® for scrape cheese: EP81466
- Luma® meat: EP2424389
- Raclette heater: FR2712793
- Phone battery recharging processe: FR2883428
- Flyboard®: FR2980172
- Watches intended to indicate astral informations: WO2014080257
- Velcro®: CH359670
- Smart card: FR 2266222
- Carpooling verification and measurement device: CH704701
- Music box movements: CH565425
You can talk freely to the members of our network who are legally bound to secrecy (Article L 422-11 ICC and/or Article 10 LCBr and/or Article 2 RMDMA), but it is imperative that you abstain from disclosing your invention to anyone else, either orally, in writing or by any other means, otherwise your patent could be invalidated later…
To avoid this, it is also possible to have your interlocutors previously sign a confidentiality agreement.
How much is the filing of a patent application?
Contrary to what one might think, rare are the inventions which are simple to describe (in writing) and it is never easy to draft a patent application…
Even an invention “a priori” very easy to understand may require several description pages and a complex wording of claim…
Your patent expert may be seasoned and very experienced; he/she will still need hours and a lot of efforts to develop a satisfactory description of your invention and, worse still, claims which are valid…
It follows that it is unlikely that you get it with less than 3 000€ (taxes included), this amount could escalate rapidly if your invention is complex…
- The costs of filing a response to the preliminary search report (France),
- presenting a request for examination (Switzerland),
- designating the countries (Europe…),
- will add to the cost of deposit, a few months after it.
- And, later still, the costs of proceedings (Europe),
- a grant fee (France, Europe…),
- annual maintenance fees (Switzerland, France, Europe)
- and validation costs (Europe)…
For example, we find the following amounts:
- 3500-5000€ on a site of the Express (dated 2008!): http://lentreprise.lexpress.fr/gestion-fiscalite/budget-financement/combien-coute-un-brevet
- 5000€ in the French magazine L’Entreprise, dated September 2013.
Obviously, it will be necessary to increase these amounts for Switzerland where the cost of living is much higher.
To save you from unnecessary spending, we invite you to research yourself by using keywords, to see if your invention is “a priori” a new one on the free sites of publication of patents, including:
In Berne (Switzerland), you can also be assisted by a specialist in documentary research in the patent databases: https://www.ige.ch
he drafting of a patent application is a very time consuming activity.
Generally it takes about a month between the presentation of your invention to one of our patent advisors and the receipt of a draft patent application…
Of course, in cases of emergency, for example, in the case of imminent disclosure of your invention (Salon, exhibition…), we will implement all the measures to avoid a disaster…
Finally, to distract you…
…Here is a list of films narrating stories of inventors or inventions to entertain you:
- « A flash of genius », Marc Abraham
- « Joy », David O. Russel
- « The red flag », Michael Powell
- « The big jump », Joel et Ethan Coen
- « The mosquito coast », Peter Weir
- « Hugo Cabret », Martin Scorsese
- « El invento », Giovanni Granada
- « Kinky boots », Julian Jarrold
- « A geneuis idea », Jeff Balsemeyer
- « Whithout leaving traces », Grégoire Vigneron
- « 3 ninjas and the invention of the century », John Bradshaw
- And more daring,, « Oh my God », Tania Wexler
Any request, contact us
You will then be able to meet a member of Invention Angels® in Geneva.